Monday, October 1, 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day 3


When I got up at 2:30 a.m. this morning, I saw that one of my friends had texted me at 10:30 p.m. the night before to ask how my hip was feeling.  At the time of her text, I was in bed and physically unable to get out.  I was thanking God that he put my pain on her mind because I know she prayed for me.  She had no idea what happened, but God did and he was already putting people in my life to pray for healing!

As I said in my last post, I did post a prayer request in our small group at 2:30 a.m. because I know we have early risers and I figured the earlier the prayers start the better for me.  We fondly refer to each other as prayer warriors because the prayers are so powerful, I can literally feel them.  

The gal who had texted me about my hip the night before called me around lunchtime and gently told me for the ump-teenth time that I need to see an Orthopedist (she has been patiently telling me this for 11 months when I first hurt my hip).  

Then, I talked to my manager and his wife had back pain so I emailed her to ask what she did to seek help.  She said I should see an Orthopedist to get pain management or physical therapy.  

A few hours later, I called my mom and she said that I needed to go see a doctor, not just my chiropractor.  Ok, Lord, I get it!  I remembered my primary care physician gave me a list of Orthopedists, but I had no idea where it was.  I slowly climbed the stairs to my room and praise Jesus the list was on TOP of the pile on my filing cabinet! J

Dear Lord, please give me the wisdom to find the right doctor that will see me tomorrow.  I pray that I will find a testing center that will give me an MRI or X-rays (which ever are needed) quickly!  And Lord Jesus just to cover every detail, I pray that they will all be covered by insurance and I won’t have to pay much, if anything, out of pocket.  Thank you!

7 p.m. update:  My mom called my brother.  My brother called me and told me that I should have called him (he lives 15 minutes away) and he encouraged me to go to the Emergency Room.  I hesitated, but finally agreed.  Praise the Lord, they got me in very quickly and I was out of there in about 2 hours.  The diagnosis is a muscle spasm.  I received a prescription for an anti-inflammatory and 2 pain meds.  The pharmacy was closed, but I'll get the meds tomorrow.  No tests were performed and no money out of pocket yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment