The New Hope Women’s Retreat ended today. We met at Skycroft in Middletown, Maryland. It was a beautiful location! The time away seemed to fly by, but our speaker, Sharon Glasgow gave us a lot of information in a short period of time.
Her 30 day challenge was to read John 17: 20-26, Ephesians 1: 15-23, and Ephesians 3:14-21 and also fast from something for 30 days. I remember previously doing this with my small group and just being amazed at what God revealed through these verses.
- Jesus' last will and testament before he was crucified was to pray for me. (John 17:20)
- God loves me with the same love that he loves his son, Jesus. (John 17:26)
- The same power that God used to raise Jesus from the dead is available to believers. (Eph. 1:19-20)
- Jesus fills all my needs in every way. (Eph. 1:23)
- Jesus' love for us is unfathomable. (Eph. 3:17-19)
- God is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power (that same power that raised Jesus from the dead!) that is at work within us. (Eph. 3:20)
Not only that, but Sharon taught us so much! She taught us that we have power in the name of Jesus to do great and mighty things! John 14:12-14 says that we will do even greater things than what Jesus performed during His ministry and that whatever we ask in His name we will receive! WOW! I am excited to see what God will do and I will pray as to what I need to fast from.
Thank you, Jesus, for already answering so many prayers this weekend! The few ladies who were uncertain of attending decided to come – and later determined that Satan was attempting to keep them away! We learned so many lessons on how to fight viciously!
Jesus also answered the prayer for safe travels and good weather! One woman who got in an accident on the way to the retreat arrived shaken, but uninjured! We were able to have the bonfire because it wasn't raining as forecasted! God, you are good!